Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Weekly Question Change

For this week, since I was sick and we're only having one class, let's do the weekly question in class.  It will still be over "Catherine, or the Bower," and I'll only give you one question--but a very broad one--to respond to.  I forgot to post the questions last night and I want to give you enough time to think about them and/or finish the story.

Even though we missed a class, we shouldn't be too far behind.  For Tuesday, we won't start Pride and Prejudice yet (though you're welcome to get ahead); instead, we'll read/discuss Virginia Woolf's take on Austen and why she felt Austen's novels (much more than her apprentice works) rank her alongside Shakespeare in her ability to project what Keats described as "negative capability." 

I will be in class on Thursday (tomorrow)!  See you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment